Sunday, March 6, 2011

Web Conference Experience for March 6.

I had the opportunity to attend one of the web conferences offered on March 6th. It was interesting to see how almost 100 people can log on and be part of a class discussion without having to be in a typical university classroom. I had never participated in a web conference. I was glad to be able to connect with others and saw that many of them had the same questions I did. I was able to learn more about class updates as well as program updates. Some of the frequently asked questions were how does TK20 work? When do we take ILD training? Questions about graduation and questions about the course? It was great to hear the professor provide better input about the course, instead of just reading her postings. I believe that dialogue is essential in learning! Even if it is virtual. The overwhelming part was having too many students asking questions at the same time. There were lots of great questions, but many were not answered. I believe that web conferencing can help me reflect and process. In addition, as a future campus leader, I can connect with staff and set meetings if necessary over the weekends. That is, particulary for new teachers. Typically, new teachers need more guidance and direction. Teaching can be an isolated field, and by monitoring how they are doing and answering questions that new teachers typically have from the convenience of their home could be a wonderful opportunity for collaboration and communication (increasing trust in their leader).

No comments:

Post a Comment